Business Intelligence (BI) is a broad category of computer software solutions that enable a company or organization to gain insight into its critical operations through reporting applications and analysis tools. BI applications may include a variety of components such as tabular reports, spreadsheets, charts, and dashboards.
Well-designed BI applications can give anyone in your company the ability to make better decisions by quickly understanding the various “information assets” in your organization and how these interact with each other. These assets can include customer databases, supply chain information, personnel data, manufacturing, product data, sales and marketing activity, as well as any other source of information critical to your operation. A robust BI application, which includes integration and data cleansing functions, can allow you to integrate these disparate data sources into a single coherent framework for real-time or historical reporting and detailed analysis by anyone in your extended enterprise – customers, partners, employees, managers, and executives.
Our GET Business Intelligence team works on the implementation and support of various BI solutions in different domains.
Implementation of BI solutions
- Design and development of ETL processes, data warehouses, data models and data visualisations according to the best practices
- Implementation of real-time, near-real-time and historical reports from big data volumes (millions of records on a daily basis)
- Integration with various source systems and data sources (SAP WMS, Oracle, IBM DB2, MS SQL Server, Informix, Atlassian Jira/Confluence, MS Office documents, flat files etc.)
- Extension of existing solutions
- Testing and quality assurance
- Performance optimization
BI consulting services in the logistics business
- Analysis of business requirements (working with end users, clients, key users)
- Definition of KPIs and dashboards
- Creation of functional and technical specifications
- Providing trainings and presentations to various end users
- Active role in project management activities
Administration of BI solutions
- Installation, administration, and monitoring of different BI systems and applications
- Issue solving and customer support
- Process automation
- Version control system administration
- Definition of standard operational procedures
GET BI team has valuable experience in working with different business intelligence technologies and platforms
- Qlikview – business intelligence & visualization software
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) – a server-based report generating software system from Microsoft
- Pentaho – a suite of open source products which provide data integration, OLAP services, reporting, dashboarding, data mining and ETL capabilities
- SAP BI, business objects
- CrossCut, Google BigQuery , BIME – one of approaches to have “cloud” BI variant
GET provides outsourcing of BI Development Services for various industries.